Monday, October 03, 2005

News that's not news

Sometimes you read a headline like this: Study: Most Will Be Fat Over the Long Haul

Followed by a lead like this:

BALTIMORE - Just when we thought we couldn't get any fatter, a new study that followed Americans for three decades suggests that over the long haul, 9 out of 10 men and 7 out of 10 women will become overweight.

Oh, really? Gee, thanks, I needed an associate professor of medicine to tell me that gem of wisdom. Of course people get fat as they age--just look around! That's why one of my motto's is: "They all get fat."

My other motto is: "Everybody I meet is crazy until proven sane."

But even if you are eventually proven sane, you'll still get fat.

Most people are crazy and fat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats