Monday, May 15, 2006

Finished... sort of

Just finished my last class of graduate school. Hooray! That leaves a thesis, which I'm really going to try to complete this summer. But NO MORE CLASSES. No more assignments due, no more three hour long classes to attend. Done. Fini. Garmarti!

It feels good though, feels really good. Tomorrow is the first full day off I've had in a really long time. I can already predict that I'll let myself sleep as late as I damn well please.

I'll also blog. If I can't find something to blog about, I'll simply blog about not having anything to blog about.

Also, soon my brother/roommate moves to the third floor. I can't wait. We've lived together since 2000, and before that for most of our lives. I love the bastard, but I'm sick of living amidst his chronic messiness. My new roommate, Brad, sees eye to eye with me about cleaning; that cleaning isn't something you do once in a while when things get messy, but that it is a daily chore to prevent things from getting really messy in the first place. It's all about preventative cleaning, sort of like taking care of your heart, but not.

It looks like the dog, Obie, will stay with me. This is because I do most of his caretaking. I feed him, give him water, let him out in the morning. Jesse just reeps the benefits. I think Obie is aware of that, and loves me more. Akh, who am I kidding. He loves anybody who gives him attention. But Brad also has a dog -- an older one -- and a cat. So, now my flat will have four cats and two dogs. But we'd need another ten cats and 8 dogs to make the kind of mess that my brother makes on his own, so it's a fine trade off.

2 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Just an idea for summer...

Have you considered volunteering your comedic talents with the USO?

They're really hurting to find people that will go entertain in Iraq and Afghanistan.

12:12 PM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Hmmmm... that's an awesome idea. My comedy needs work... but I bet I could come up with some material that could at least lambast the left and Arabs (in a nice way)...

I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats