Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Barefoot and pregnant

Saturday, 03 September 2005
Supreme Leader insisted on gender apartheid


NCRI, September 3 - In an appalling and misogynistic comment, mullahs' Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei tried to justify gender apartheid and denying women the right to political and social activity under the medieval theocracy ruling Iran.


In remarks carried by the state-controlled news agency, IRNA, last Sunday, Khamenei said, "Men are suited to enter economic and financial arenas… Women, however, have preoccupations. They must give birth and feed the child, and they are physically, psychologically and emotionally soft. They cannot enter into every field. They cannot tolerate every interaction. These create restrictions for women in financial and economic fields and related activities. Men do not have these restrictions. In this respect, privilege must be given to men because they are strong."

Pretty backward thinking, huh? Have no fear, it's not like this guy's leading a nation that has nuclear weapons... yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Ignoring that travel mexico ad for the moment...

"and they are physically, psychologically and emotionally soft"

I will grant the bell curve of physical strength in regards to women - that's just the way life is. I will never have the 6 foot muscle structure of my husband.

However, I hold a grudge much longer. And I plan revenge. And I'm a pretty average woman.

So, I guess that makes me psychologically and emotionally soft, eh?

Hubby claims it just makes me evil.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats