Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Islamofascists to get more Saudi money?

This sucks:

Since November 2001, there has been a roughly three-fold increase in the price of a barrel of oil, from $18 to as much as $70. As a result, Saudi Arabia -- which currently exports about 10 million barrels per day -- receives an extra half-billion dollars every day from oil-consuming nations. If even a fraction of that $500 million in found-money -- to say nothing of the other resources of the Saudi kingdom -- is being put in the service of our Islamofascist enemies, we are likely to face an even more serious problem in the future than we do today.

Read the whole thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

Which is why I've been working on cutting down my own consumption as much as possible. I went three weeks without putting gas in my car last time!

And I use my Catholic powers of inducing guilt to try and pressure my friends and family members. And since they are all aware of the picture I carry of Baby Shaked (who was killed in a bus bombing), the guilt works pretty well.

7:01 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

Which reminds me, as a Jewish person you would probably be even more successful at guilt inducement than I... Centuries more practice.

I've heard the stories ;)

7:02 AM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Guilt, at times neurotic, over-analyze things... yeah, I have to admit having such stereotypical Jewish traits.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats