Sunday, September 10, 2006

My future, sort of

So, for years I’ve toyed with the idea of moving to southern California. Recently a good friend of mine moved there, and she’s been begging me to come join her ever since.

She was slightly perturbed, I think, when I told her that I made it to the first round of interviews for a job with the local NPR affiliate here, WUWM. But, as I expected, I didn’t make it to the second round, and therefore the main dream job that would have kept me here for sure is no longer an option.

My current goal: Finish thesis by December and perhaps in the meantime get a new job in Milwaukee (I’m sick of driving to West Bend); one that pays better than my current reporter gig. But the point is: I don’t see myself landing the type of job that would be so great that I’d be willing to freeze through another Wisconsin winter.

I don’t want to make any proclamations, and at this point things are still nebulous, but I think I’d like to visit my friend in January or February, and arrange it so that I can (hopefully) have a few interviews while I’m there.

So, who knows what the future portends. But this is my general thinking these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

SoCal's nice. I lived on Catalina Island for 8 years. Nice place to visit, don't want to live there.

Anyway, if there's one thing California abounds in it's PR jobs. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Glad to see ya back.

9:00 AM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Thanks AFW!

I guess I needed a break.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm in Hollywood right now (catching my flight back to London in a few hours' time) and it's like, SO rad!

Should you move to SoCal? Like, hello?

Ryan

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats