Sunday, January 14, 2007

Global warming (we're all going to die!)

It begins like this: I’m supposed to go ice fishing with Mike Desterhoft, who is mentioned in the linked story below. I will explain.

One of my beats is “Back Yard Tourist” (BYT); the idea being that you don’t have to leave the WC to find something to do (although you probably should if you want to have a good time). Needless to say, it ain’t no easy beat ‘cuz I have to come up with ideas every week, week after week. I thought ice fishing would make for a good BYT, but the weather won’t cooperate. In my quest to find an ice fisherman, however, I stumbled upon Desterhoft and we hit it off. When I had to do the weather story the other day I decided to use Desterhoft as a source, since the guy is agreeable and friendly.

I know, this stuff’s just too fucking interesting, I know-I know... With no further adieu, here is the story: El Niño sparks spring temperatures, activities

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The warm weather does not help seasonal business. Next time your out looking for ice tackle, check out the South Bend Label. Quality items with good pricing.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The midwest sucks and must not be affected by global warming.

No one pays any attention to us anyway, we're fly-over country. Which actually is just fine with me.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats