Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Attack Of The Giant Mice

Ever since humans have been traversing the globe on ships, we have inadvertently (and sometimes intentionally) introduced animals into habitats where they do not belong. The results can be catastrophic for native species that have no defense against the alien invaders (“All your habitat are belong to us.”). Thus, we read headlines such as this one: Giant mice on south Atlantic island 'eating seabird chicks alive'

Poor birds. I like albatrosses, too, except when they are around my neck.

Although I have three cats and a dog, I love all animals (Actually, that’s not true: I hate centipedes. Death to centipedes.). I worry about my Mother Earth and extinction of her species.

OT: Anyway ... as I type, NPR is playing live the countdown of the space shuttle lift off. Sounds like everything went well. It's hard to believe it's been over two years since we've launched the space shuttle. I like the earth, but I also like space, too. I think in the near future I'll write a post about future missions to mars, i.e. should they be manned (or womaned) or not.

Update: Just stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air and I noticed that last night Tiger took it upon herself to seek revenge against the mice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats