Saturday, November 26, 2005

Jdate redux

I’ve recently reactivated my Jdate profile. Why not? There are slim pickings for Jew-girls in Milwaukee, but if I extend my search to include Chicago, maybe I’ll have better luck? The truth is, I’ve never had much luck on Jdate. Okay, I did manage to convince one cute single mom to have a discreet and mutually beneficial adult relationship with me, but she’s from the ‘burbs of northern Chicago and I’m usually too lazy to make the long drive just for a little afternoon delight.

The silver-lining about my bad luck on Jdate, however, is that I developed some pretty good stand-up material about it. In fact, I used some Jdate/internet dating material during my first show and it got a lot of laughs.

But I don’t expect to have much luck on Jdate this time around. Let’s be brutally honest here: Although there are exceptions, the truth is that a 32 year old man—one who is back in school, doesn’t have a lot of money and is still trying to establish a career—is pretty much a loser in the eyes of most young and hyper-driven-to-success Jewish women. It doesn’t help that I’m short, either.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you've got street-cred and a certain "je ne sais quoi"...surely that counts for something?

1:08 PM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Yeah, my "je ne sais quoi" is pretty hot.

1:39 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

Funny, I never pictured you as short! What a revelation!

5:57 PM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

I'm 5'5.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=activation windows sp3 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you use the dreary methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats