Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good bye

Went to a little going away party for a friend of mine last night. I hadn't hung out with him for a while, partially because I hadn't been going out much lately. But I had a great time; we all did. I had a couple of pints, no big deal, but then the bartender announced he was "buying" shots for everybody. Next thing I knew, there was a shot glass of Jameson in front of me. Oh boy!-- not Jameson on a Monday night!

Anyway, my friend is moving, at least for 6 months for now, to Seattle because like so many of us here in Milwaukee, he's sick of freezing his ass off every winter.

Generally I don't like to make big pronouncements (because you never know what the future holds and where the river of life will take you) but I want to move to southern California. Why can't I live in a beautiful climate? I think my brother is down with it also, which is cool because it's easier to move with somebody you know, and to have a ready-made roommate.

Of course, this is just an anouncement on a dark, cold-not-yet-frigid, winter day. Any move would not be able to take place until next fall at the earliest.

Again, excuse the dearth in postings, this is a busy time. After my last paper is completed, I'll get back to blogging more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SoCal sounds good!

12:44 PM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Yeah... California dreaming.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats