Thursday, September 15, 2005

Muslim Intolerance

Muslim intolernace coupled with European unwillingness to confront it equals... well, the world as it is today. But it could get worse if this intolerance is not confronted head on.

It is obvious that values the West holds dear, such as fairness, equality, and cultural pluralism are simply thrown out the window when resisting the intolerance of a billion Muslims is weighed against offending a few million Jews. Further, it is assumed that compromising Western values at the Jews' expense is simply that – a Jewish problem.

It is not. The intolerance shown toward Jews can be and is shown toward Christians, such as the recent rampage against Palestinian Muslims against Palestinian Christians in Bethlehem. The massacres of Christians in Sudan is another example, as is the destruction by the Taliban of the ancient Bamiyan Buddhas in 2001.

Read the whole thing, if you like.

2 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

My husband, in the days when I was a knee jerk liberal, used to tell me I was "being intolerant of his intolerance".

It used to infuriate me, but now I can see the humor in it.

However, when one looks at the world through a morally relativistic lens where "the culture" of the less developed (overall) is held up as an excuse for any and all behaviors, this is the result.

10:11 AM  
Blogger semite1973 said...

Right, or you could say you used to be tolerant of the intolerant.

Is it me, or do people generally flow left to right... I mean, I've met so many people who used to be uber liberals, and then as time goes on they become more conservative.

I suppose it's about aging and growing up. What's the saying... if you aren't a liberal in your 20's you have no heart. If remain a liberal in to your 40's you have no brain?

It's not even like I'm a conservative now. I'm just not the knee-jerk liberal that I used to be.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats