Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Story submitted

For the first time in years I've finally written a non-opinion (read: reporting) news story for a local suburban newspaper. The pay is not much, but it is the practice that I needed. It was actually a quite complicated story, and it was about business and money and stuff that I am NOT interested in AT ALL. But begging wannabe journalists can't be choosers. I was also asked to write a story about a local winery. I will try to conduct the interviews today, and the editor suggested I request a free winery tour and tasting to include in the story. Free wine tasting: not a bad perk. I think this story should be much easier and more enjoyable to write.

I just hope that the business story I submitted today is up to snuff in the eyes of the editors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats