Sunday, March 19, 2006

Diana Jordan and Women's Wellness

I really enjoyed Diana Jordan’s keynote speech at the Women’s Wellness Fair. She had some great lines and it’s got to be tough to “tone it down” and make a routine acceptable to a 600-strong crowd of mostly old women in a conservative small Wisconsin town. But she did it.

She was really cool, too. She used my Badger Health Care joke and then looked over at me and winked, which made me feel great. She set it up differently than I would have, but that’s neither here nor there. A professional comedian used me joke! Yeah!

I had to snap some pix of her, too. I told her I’d do that in the beginning of her routine so that I could then get back to covering it. As I was sitting in front of the dais snapping pix, she said: “And look here, the only male in this entire room—and he’s gay.” Without skipping a beat I turned around and waved at the crowd in the most princess-like effeminate manner that I could muster, playing along with the joke. Later some lady asked me if I traveled around with Jordan and if I was gay. What a dumb ass.

I gave Jordan a DVD copy of my debut performance and she promised to look at it. I can’t wait to find out what she thinks of it.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats